Saturday 4 February 2017

The beginning

Probably not the best time to decide to purchase a mountain bike is on your wife's birthday. But unfortunately that is what happened. Over 50 and trying to gain some fitness and loss a bit a weight (have been swimming once a week for three years) I had been looking, and deciding for some time to obtain my own bike (to get off my son's bike), so on this day I called into one of Adelaide's bike shops just to have a look., The sales assistant suggested that I should have a test ride. I did not want anything that was too expensive, as I am not going to undertake Enduro downhill and or race, it is for trail riding. The Avanti Montari 1 (Avanti is a New Zealand company) was what I rode that day, and decided that it was for me. Not an expensive bike but would do the job. At first it was not a colour I would have chosen but what the heck, it just a colour, and it has grown on me quite quickly.

Next step, if stepping forth on exercise is to consult with a health professional of a check up, then to start slowly, then find a nice easy training ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment