Thursday 23 February 2017

Swimming for cycling

I started swimming for fitness several years ago, twice a week. This I had to reduce to once a week, as the pool I was swimming in was heavily chlorinated and I was getting dry itchy skin.
Recently I came across a set of swimming programs for sports on the Speedo website which included a set for swimming for cycling. This I have modified a bit in include some of the program for swimming for yoga (for core strength).

My set is:  4 x 50m laps with a short break in between each.
                 4 x 50m laps kicking with power fins.
                 12 x 50m laps with hand paddles and pull buoy (this for arm strength).
                 10 x 50m laps with power fins.
                 2 x 50m laps kicking with power fins.
extra          2 - 4 50m laps with or without power fins.

I also use a swimmers snorkel so you don't have to concentrate on breathing.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment