Saturday 14 April 2018

Health check



What has a cat got to do with riding. Dear Bertie was almost 20yo when we lost him, and on the trip to the vet, while he was having convulsions he bit my arm, which slowly started to get a nice red colour. Well better see a doctor in case it was infected, but by the time the appointment came, the swelling had reduced, but the docotr decided while I was there he should take my blood pressure.
Need less to say it was heading into the dangerous regions of been too high. Various tests later and I was started on blood pressure medication.
Who knows how high it would have been if I had not been riding and swimming. Best to get checked out.

I had already had minor diet changes, with eating more fibre in the morning for breakfast, and increased my fruit intake, (just have to get the wife to decrease my dinner portions) as had lost some weight, but more importantly I have dropped a size around the waist. Need to reduce the stomach size, as working a a position where I come into contact with guys with very large guts gives the shivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment